Life is Good

Life has been crazy for our little family this past month. We sold our townhouse the week before Christmas, moved out 3 days later, moved our stuff to our new house, and have been staying with my parents. The contractors finished at our new house last week- but we are still finishing up some painting and it needs some serious cleaning before our kids can be let loose in it. Since Christmas Andy and I have been spending most of our nights (after kids are in bed) working on the new house; I can honestly say that it is still really fun, but we are excited to move in. This past week and next week we are doing our annual 'tending' (the kids are 17 and 13, and perfect) for some friends. When we finish up there we will be moving right into our new house- even if everything is not totally ready, Andy and I decided we are only taking our two cribs apart and putting them back together 1 more time; though my mom thinks that it would be fun if we came back to their house for a couple of more weeks.

Above are some pictures from the last Utah basketball game. Tanner loved the game and his eyes were glued to the court for the first 15 minutes- and then just enjoyed pushing down all of the seats in our empty row and occasionally stopping to cheer with the crowd. Cannon was pretty restless except when he was eating donuts. We only lasted through half time, but it was really nice for me and Andy just to spend time together with our kids.

13 comments:

Claire said...

Kimi lets get together! my gosh we live next door to each other. I am going to be at my mom's house on wed and thurs let me know if either of those days work for you...Claire

jeremyandholly said...

oh man! i was just thinking the other day how much i really miss seeing you guys:( hopefully you are all happy and well...i can't wait to see pictures of the "finished product!"

Harmoni said...

Yippie your back. I hope all is going well in the new area. I miss seeing you guys. Tell andy Hi. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love ya
Harm

Harmoni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephenson and Katie said...

We miss our neighbors :( but we're glad to see you're doing well!

Megs said...

Wow..you're alive! Its great to see how you guys are doing. Glad to hear the "project" is almost done and ready for you to enjoy! Come hang out with us sometime!
Meg

Kira said...

I was just thinking what a hole you guys left in our ward. Good to see an update! I am excited to see your finished product, you better post some pics!

Me said...

Hey Kimi! Your plans are sounding great and super busy! It was sure good to see you at costco in December! Hope everything goes well for the big "move-in"!

Jer + Lu said...

What a hectic life! Glad it's nearing the end (or beginning...) We're hoping to make it to a game this season- we'll keep an eye out for you regulars!

Sidsie and Derek said...

How exciting. Good luck on the move!

Harmoni said...

kimmie,

Hey its harm, I need you email address so I can give you permission to read my blog. Email it to me at tilliemay2@msn.com.
Thanks
Love ya
Harmoni

Gina said...

Kimi! I want to see a finished product of your house! Post pics!

Karen said...

It sounds hectic but I know it takes a lot more than that to frazzle you. You are always to calm and together everytime I see you, Kimi. And such a patient mother! We want to hang with you guys. I've told Jim a lot about your house, now he wants to see it with his own eyes (and then hire you to redo his sister's house) You always make us laugh!!