At Least They Won't Starve

Scene: Kimi is in bathroom finishing getting ready for the day. Tanner and Cannon are happily playing with toys in the front room.

Tanner: Mom, we need help.

Kimi: Okay, I'll be there in one minute.

Silence, no more asking or begging...


Kimi: Do you still need help?

Tanner: No, we did it.

Kimi goes running into family room, boys are not there. She proceeds to the kitchen and sees this:

(yes, they are on top of the stove)
Tanner: We just needed banana bread but we did it.

13 comments:

Nik English said...

Classic! Awesome story!

Wendi Bench said...

FYI-This is an Emergency technique often practiced by our side of the family. Just to test our skills at finding food..expect it many times in the future.

jakenapril said...

nice. is this what i have to look forward to with 2 boys?!? i guess it could've been worse, but you have great boys...banana bread! nice. they are so cute! i can't wait to meet the third brother!

Megs said...

Boys spell "trouble"!! ...but in a good way. I can't believe how grown up they look! I guess it's been a while since I've seen them! They are adorable!

Missy said...

Okay, you've got me laughing out loud. They are absolutely the cutest!! Wish I could've been there to laugh with you, but I'm so glad you took pictures!
P.S. - how did they get up there?

Missy said...

Okay, you've got me laughing out loud. They are absolutely the cutest!! Wish I could've been there to laugh with you, but I'm so glad you took pictures!
P.S. - how did they get up there?

Missy said...

Um, don't know why it posted the same thing twice... wish I knew how to delete. lol. Maybe I just needed to make doubley-sure (is that even a word?) that you knew how cute I think your boys are!

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

That is so funny!! They're so adorable.. Excited for that third one? There's a little bit more room on the stove :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimi,
This is Krystal your old visiting teaching comp. Your little boys have grown up so much! Its exciting that you are expecting another one congrats!

Becky Slivka said...

Your boys are so funny - all of them, the lawnmower story is awesome, and something Matt would do. I wish my kids would just climb up and get what they wanted, Isaac has just decided to throw a fit until I figure out what he wants, maybe I'll send him to your house to learn a few lessons.

lisa louise said...

this is my favorite post of the week, i love it!!! hahahaha

lisa louise said...

this is my favorite post of the week, i love it!!! hahahaha

Amy said...

They are so funny!!!! You sure have your hands full. Is Cannon still sleeping in his crocs??