The Last 6 months of our Lives...

The Good...
Max's first smiles
We saw, and loved, 'Wicked' (we also saw President Monson and President Uchtdorf there, we love them too)
Andy graduated with his MBA from the U!! (and for now he says he's done)
Our Cinco de Mayo party with neighbors
Tanner at the Firestation for Joy School
Plenty of opportunities to dance in the rain
Playing in the water at Liberty Park
A week at Bear Lake... so fun it deserves its own post sometime soon
4th of July...neighborhood parade, carnival, fireworks in our own backyard, homemade icecream and pie... the best!
An educational afternoon up at Golden Spike followed by dinner at Maddox- yum!
Swimming at Grandma's
We had 5 pet caterpillars that metamorphosized into painted lady butterflies- the boys loved watching them change and enjoyed keeping the butterflies in their cage in the house for a few days. After I found the butterflies mating with each other I told the boys it was time to let them be free :)
Cannon decided he was too big for diapers...yeah!!

The Bad...
Cannon at the Firestation for Joy School (he was a little freaked out)
Realizing that my boys aren't quite old enough to leave unattended- even for like 3 minutes while I change a baby's diaper, and they were so thoroughly engrossed in their art project when I left.
Max and rice cereal

and the Ugly...
Max is a finger/fist sucker. He can cram his entire hand into his mouth. This is me demonstrating my fist in mouth talent.
P.S. I make fun of people when they post ugly pictures of themselves on their blogs, I always think "why? Did you not notice how you looked?" In answer to the obvious question, yes I know I look ugly- I just thought it was funny.

5 comments:

ericksonslc said...

Great Post Kimi!! Love all your photos. It looks like you have been having a blast the last 6 months. Hope you are enjoying the deck. Is the furniture working? And it would be impossible to take an ugly photo of your cute little self.

Jer + Lu said...

Nice job catching up. You guys have been BUSY!! First I have to say I love the fist in the mouth. I never knew! So glad your son inherited the talent :)
I didn't know you were doing Joy School. Have you like it? I really enjoyed it with Wyatt, but couldn't get enough people to do it with me for Ezra. Bummer. We hit up Maddox a few weeks ago too! (don't tell my kids they missed out on the trains...) + we also went to Bear Lake! We need to start coordinating our schedules! So jealous you was Wicked! I heard it's delightful. (Don't read the book though-- YUCK!) Can't wait to see all your upcoming sewing projects :)

Nikki said...

Yeah for summer fun! And potty training and for painting yourself (or maybe painting your brother). You and the boys are all so cute!

Becky Slivka said...

Your boys are so cute and I can't believe how tiny Max is! Heidi will be weighed next week, but she has got to be around 13 pounds. On the other hand, how fun to have a little peanut baby. Way to catch up for lost time. Isn't it crazy how life just gets going and some things fall by the wayside - my blog is hurting lately too. Oh well, it makes it more exciting when there is actually something posted. Tell Andy Congrats on graduating - and you too. That is awesome to be done!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

You guys are super busy doing all sorts of fun stuff!! Your boys are super cute, and you guys were right they are a good mix of both of you!! This will be fun to keep in touch through the blogs!!And i don't think the last picture is ugly just funny:)