One Wild Rumpus

What a fun party for my sweet Max. It's the little details that can really make a party great- but usually I run out of time, energy, money... to put much into those details. Lucky for me I have a very crafty and generous friend who helped me out with the details. Pretty much the cutest kid party I've ever done- really the pictures do not do justice. Thanks Amy for all of your ideas and help!
The Invitations: The Party Favors: orange 'wild thing' fangs, crowns, and Jr. Mints to take home The Decor: I could kick myself for not taking a picture of the food table. It was really so cute with another one of those big trees, the wild thing cake, cupcakes with crowns, and all sorts of yummy food spread all around. Before we cleaned up for the night I did snap a picture of the 'backdrop' of the food table- this cute vine and a picture banner (okay, I ran out of time to tie them all together before the party) of Max at every month.

The King Himself sporting his crown (knitted by my sister Amy)
Some of the Wild Things enjoying their dinner
The Cake: I swear I took a picture of this cake by itself in all of its glory (I was pretty proud of it)- but apparently I didn't. Luckily Michele snapped this picture before I handed it over to Max.
Max getting his first real taste of sugar... he was a fan. He never really dug into the cake but rather dipped his finger in the frosting and kept licking.
Happy Birthday Max, the king of all wild things. We love you!!

14 comments:

Mike and Shayla said...

Great job on everything! You are right, the details make the party. I wish I had thought of some of those things for Tyler's Wild Thing's party!

Suzi Q said...

OH EVERYTHING LOOKS SO CUTE! I am so bummed we had to miss it! :( Happy Birthday little Max! Kimi you are SO CREATIVE! I am totally jealous!

The Parks Fam said...

What a fun birthday party Kimi!! You are a fabulous mom and sooo creative. I can't believe our babies are a year old! Time goes way too fast. Hope you are doing awesome!!

Missy said...

I have to say, it was an AMAZING party - props to you for all your hard work... makes me tired just thinking about it.

Amy said...

oooh! it turned out so cute! Thanks for posting your pics! Love the cake. Happy birthday Max!!!

Mary said...

Why didn't I do anything like that for my Max? Very cute cake.

Carrie said...

I can't believe he's 1. That means I saw Andy in the hall at the hospital a year ago. Time flies. You guys are a darling family and it's nice to keep in touch like this. Happy birthday Max.

Jer + Lu said...

That is the cutest party EVER. Seriously. Such great ideas!! I love the little rumpus butt the best ;) Nice job!

Matt and Mari said...

What a cute idea for a party!! Looks like everyone had a great time! Good job with all the decorations! :)

Nikki said...

What an adorable party Kimi! So impressed by all the little details. And a really, really cute family to go with the party!

breyn said...

The cutest party EVER!!!!!! I am so impressed (you have got mad skills girl). Love, love, love it!!!!! You are the cutest mom to the cutest and sweetest family. Love ya!

Tiffany said...

Darling! You are so flippin' creative Kimi...what a go getter mom you are of three boys. Lucky kids, cute kids.

Tiffany said...

I've always loved how you give a "favorite" favor at your parties...Junior Mints I'm sure are Max's favorite. That made me laugh.

Cam and Beth said...

Everything looks so cute! Sorry we couldn't make it!

p.s. Cannon needs a birthday ticker.