Out of the mouths of babes

Tanner is notorious for saying whatever he's thinking- last Sunday in Primary was no exception...

We had a guest speaker in Sharing Time who is about 8 months pregnant.  After she was done Tanner raised his hand and asked her if there is a baby in her tummy.  She laughed a little and said yes that there is a baby in her tummy.  Tanner replies "oh, my mom has a baby in her tummy, too."

Instantly I felt my face grow hot and tears come to my eyes as all of the adults in the room looked at me. 
So, yes, it's true.  I do have a baby in my tummy.  In telling our kids we were ready for everyone else to find out, I just wasn't expecting such a public (and embarrassing) announcement to be made.



Questions everyone wants to ask, but only some are brave enough to:
How far apart will Henry and the new baby be?  about 14 months (about 3 weeks further apart than Tanner & Cannon)
Was this planned?  Nope, but we're excited anyway
Do you hope it's a girl?  No, but we'll gladly take one
When are you due?  September 21
How are you feeling about it?  Honestly I cried for several days- I cried when I remembered how hard it is to meet the needs of a 1 year old and the needs of a newborn.  I cried for a lot of selfish reasons (i.e. no waterskiing again this summer).  I cried because I am just so dang tired.  I also cried over the fact that Henry will not get to be the baby much longer (I know it sounds silly, but I think most moms get what I mean).  But I mostly cried over the fact that I have sisters and friends who would give up most anything right now to be in my position, and I was not rejoicing over the fact that I was pregnant.  In expressing my feelings to a dear friend, she kindly reminded me that although we would like to think we are, we are not the one in charge.  After I put more faith and trust in my Heavenly Father, I got over my fears & anxiety, and peace and happiness soon filled my heart.  When I had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and saw this little peanut swimming around- I was so overwhelmed with feelings of love for him, that I can't want or imagine anything different in my life right now.

Andy and I are being blessed for reasons we don't understand and probably don't deserve; we will do as best as we can to do what our Heavenly Father wants and raise our children in a way that is pleasing to Him.  

And seriously, if you got to hang out with this cute baby everyday- wouldn't you want another??

14 comments:

Jennie said...

Congrats! say yes to offers of help! Everyone adores you! xoxo

Rachel H said...

Kimi-Congratulations! I think it's wonderful news (though I understand the trepidation). My 4th and your 5th will be less than 5 months apart :)

Jer + Lu said...

Congrats!! I about died of shock when Kare told me ;) I can totally understand YOUR reaction as well. You're one incredible mama though so this babe is lucky to join your fam! xoxo

Jer + Lu said...

ps- so happy to finally see you update your blog ;)

Mary said...

I love how you wrote this. I got goosebumps. I just keep thinking this couldn't happen to a better family. Honestly, I look up to you and admire your patience and grace and humor. And your little babies are so so kissable cute. I pray sleep will come your way soon!

Marielle said...

Congratulations! You do have super adorable kids. Someday we should get all our boys together.

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

This is so beautifully written, Kimi. HOORAY for another darling baby to get to come to your family.. what a lucky little person :) You are one of the greatest mothers I know. I'm sure you're feeling very overwhelmed.. I hope you get a nap sometime. Very soon. We love you guys so much!

Mike and Shayla said...

Congratulations! I liked reading all your thoughts. When I read your news, all these questions popped into my head, and you answered them all. :) I think your kids are going to have so much fun together growing up.
There is a Primary song that is not in the songbook but you probably learned and taught it as the chorister a few years back. I love the line, "God gives us families, to help us become what He wants us to be." He surely has great things in mind for you.
Love you, Kimi! Hang in there!

Mike and Shayla said...

Oh, and also, I think Henry looks SO much like Andy! What a cute baby.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting :) Emmett and Orson are just 15 months apart and it really wasn't that bad. Hard for sure, and stressful sometimes, but now they are such good friends. They do everything together. It's so sweet <3

Suzi Q said...

Kimi you are amazing! I think you are a just such an amazing mom that all these little ones just want to get down here and be a part of all of the fun! :) I love you tons! If you need anything at all please just let me know!

Beth Clayton said...

kimi! such happy news! I think your boys are lucky to have you as their mother and #5 is too. (and maybe 5 boys-which honestly I think would be so fun) Good luck and I will wish for some good naps/nights for you.

Nikki said...

Kimi! We are so excited for you guys. You two are some of the most wonderful people I know. Last time we saw you and your boys, they were so nice, polite, and happy. My mom and I still randomly talk about how nice your boys are and what a great mom you are. Plus September 21 is a fabulous birthday (it's Michael's). The summer pregnancy has its moments but September birthday parties are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .