Last Saturday, Andy and I took the boys up to our family cabin in Oakley to go snowmobiling and sledding. We had so much fun!! Both boys really loved sledding- though Tanner totally face planted one time and we were afraid he would never get on it again; fortunately after he stopped crying and was kissed all better he was ready to go again. They both really liked the snowmobiles too, and Cannon even fell asleep on it! Tanner was a little confused though because the garage at the cabin kind of resembles the shape of a barn, and he kept wondering where the animals were. We kept telling him that it was just a garage, but he didn't believe us. We took him inside the garage where he saw the other snowmobile, sleds, tools, etc., but he still didn't believe us. When we were leaving he was very sad that he didn't get to see the animals.
Cannon after the snowmobile ride

Cannon after he rolled off the sled halfway down the hill!
Tanner sledding down the hill, bad picture, I know- but he was moving. Also, it kind of looks like he is screaming in terror, but I promise he was squealing with delight!
Tanner showing us his sad face and telling us he doesn't want to leave because he didn't get to see the animals. It was pretty cute he was just sitting in the snow next to the garage.






4 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! Your kids are SOOO cute! I can't wait for Saturday!
How funny about Tanner and the animals. And I can't believe Cannon actually fell asleep on one of those. That's impressive. What a great get-a-way! (how 'bout inviting some friends next time, hint, hint...)
Tanner obviously didn't think the animals in the basement were enough---I mean c'mon there's even a goat with no teeth!! Maybe if Tanner keeps asking one day dad will buy a few lambs for the garage ;D
Don't you just love doing things your kids enjoy? We took Tyler sledding awhile ago and it was a blast. Your boys are too cute. We miss you guys.
And Happy Belated Birthday..I didn't know or I would've caught you sooner. It looks like February is a popular month.
Love, Megs
Post a Comment