Hawaii- Day 5

Today we got fried (well, Andy did- my left upper thigh got a little pink though)!!! We've been wearing SPF 30 this entire trip (except I wear SPF 50 on my face because I'm paranoid of wrinkles) and I'm pretty strict about us applying it every 2 hours. Apparently, SPF 30 was not enough for today though because we are definitely burned- it's probably because it's the first day we've spent the worst part of the sun (11-3) completely outside. Oh well- we'll be loading the SPF 50 all over tomorrow!!

Here are our highlights (not many pictures though because Andy doesn't like to leave our camera just sitting on the beach unattended):
  • This morning we went snorkeling for a couple of hours at Koloa Landing. It is a great little cove that has tons of fish!! We saw so many varieties of fish and had a ton of fun chasing them around. The water was a little chilly though.

  • Then we headed over to shipwreck beach for some more boogie boarding. The waves were huge!! Okay, maybe not for experienced ocean swimmers and surfers, but the red flags were posted on the beach and we were still crazy enough to get in. I don't think that I have ever swallowed so much salt water, nor been thrown into the beach so many times. Andy did better than I did and didn't spend quite so much time being pounded into the shore. Once we were able to get past the point where the waves were all crashing though, we were able to get quite a few really fun rides on the waves. The only problem, however, is that I would ride the wave all the way back to the shore and have to start the process all over again. What a blast!!
  • After our afternoon of boogie boarding, we decided we were done with salt water for the day and we headed over to one of the many beautiful pools at the Grand Hyatt Resort (their pools and amenities are so much nicer than the ones at our place). We read our books poolside for a while, swam around, and even went down the waterslide that they have (pretty sure that we were the only people over the age of 13). Great fun!

3 comments:

Missy said...

I am so jealous!! But I'm glad you're having a great time. See you soon!

Megs said...

So did you go eat bruchetta yet? If that is something you like...you HAVE to go. Same little strip of where the candle and soap store...I can't remember the name but it's an italian joint. SO good!! And I am soooo jealous. Josh and I were just saying yesterday how we wished we were in Hawaii. :o( .... keep having fun!

Shawnee said...

You guys look like you are having a great time! Good for you! You deserve it! Enjoy some warm sun for us! :)