Nothing but blue skies...
Highlights from today:
- We started our day snorkeling at Poipu Beach. Again we saw tons of fish, and some we've never seen before. Andy's pretty sure he saw a barracuda- or a different fish that looked like one (we're not sure if barracuda are found in the waters of Hawaii).
- This afternoon was the relaxing part of our vacation. After we layed on 'our' hammock over at the Hyatt for a couple of hours reading books (in the shade), we came back to our condo and I took a nap while Andy continued to read. I suggested the book "Angels and Demons" to him a couple of years ago when I read it, but he hasn't really had the time to; he's been reading it this trip and is hooked! He says he has to do homework on the plane trip home so he's trying to get the book finished tonight.

- This evening we went to a free "luau" at the Poipu shopping center. It wan't really a full luau, but some amateur dancers that performed some Tahitian dances- they were pretty good and I did get a lei; a fun evening for sure. I made Andy have his picture taken with the half-naked women, he said it made him uncomfortable, which is why I asked the girls if they would pose for a picture with my hubby!
- A local guy told us earlier today that there were some sea turtles and monk seals down at Spouting Horn, so we decided to drive down there this evening and take a look. We didn't see any seals, but we did see a couple of turtles.
- This may seem a little silly, but being the addict I am, I made certain we were back to our condo by 7:00 tonight so we could watch Idol. I must say that Jason completely butchered his song and should be gone! Also, although I'm not a Carly fan- I think she was actually really good tonight. Props to David A.- what a cute kid and amazing vocalist and performer, I totally got the chills near the end of his song.






8 comments:
Looks like you guys are having a good time. I am jealous of the sun....it is rainy here. :( Enjoy the rest of your trip!
kimi- you inspired me, i'm sitting on my bed in the hotel room, we just got here to good old hawaii, and im going to try and blog everyday. so sorry to copy you but it seemed like a great idea. :) however since arron is here working we wont have all the fun adventures that you and andy are having, but its still nice to be relaxing in paradise. i'm glad your haveing such a great time. well have to have a picture party when we get back so i can see more pics of all the fun places you visited.
ALOHA-
lisa
Kimi!
I completely remember so many of the same places and experiences you have been going through this past week, especially the kayaking and falls on day 2. This has been so much fun to read. By the way, you look great in that green swim suit. Keep it up and enjoy every minute in paradise! Miss you! Tiff
Aahhhwww!...Now I'm really missing Hawaii cause you guys are at the exact place that Josh and I stayed.
I'm glad you guys are having fun and relaxing. I can't wait for when I can blog about my Hawaii trip! Love, Meg
I really am jealous of you guys!
But It sounds like you guys are having a blast! Come home safe!
Love ya,
Jen
Hurray for Hawaii, and husbands and vacations! That is so fun that you are on your trip! Way to go. Have a great time, and soak in as much sun as you can!
Proud of you for being back for AMerican Idol, Matt would have done the same. We haven't watched tonight's yet, but I"m hoping Brooke or Jason go home. Your trip looks awesome, I'm so glad yo uwere able to somewhere with just the two of you, and Hawaii isn't the shabbiest vacation destination.
Nice hoffenviser chief!! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment