Cannon got his cast on the first week of June and off the first week of July. He was such a good sport about it all. The cast went from his toes to mid-thigh. He had the cast on for about a day and a half before he could run; 3 days to figure out how to get up off the ground without any help or assistance from a table or person; and after about a week he could bounce on the tramp with it. We got a little waterproof cover for his cast so we could bathe him, take him swimming, and more importantly let him play in the lake at Lake Powell.
When the M.A. first took the cast off of him he tried to put it back on, apparently he'd grown pretty attached. Before we left the doctor's office, however, he was walking all over the place. The doctor said that it is all healed but that I should try to not let him run or jump for a month, I kind of chuckled and said I'd try (obviously he's never had an 18 month old boy).







No comments:
Post a Comment