Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime...

Here are some random, fun shots from the last month or so
Digging for dinasaurs at the Natural History Museum
For the 24th of July Andy's cute aunt brought stick horses and cowboy hats for all of the kids at the family party. I had to laugh when Aunt Kathy asked Tanner if he would like to dress up as a cowboy he said "Yeah, do I get a gun?" Boys!
Tanner has this sticker face that he loves to play with and create different faces. The other day he walked into the kitchen and said "Mom, look at my mustache". I about died laughing, with the mustache on upside down he looks like a little Hitler.
I left the kids eating lunch and coloring while I ran in the other room to do something quick. When I came back to the kitchen Tanner was singing Happy Birthday and he and Cannon had stuck crayons in their sandwiches like candles.
Riding the train at 'This is the Place" with cousins and Aunts
Andy rode in the 'Tour de Donut' bike ride. He rode 7 miles, ate 5 donuts, rode 7 more miles, ate 2 more donuts, and finished his last 7 miles. For this race you got time taken off for every donut you ate. His adjusted time was 21 miles in about 40 minutes (one guy ate so many donuts that he finished the race in negative time)
We went to the 'Rocket Graveyard' in Promontory- our kids loved climbing all over the things until we noticed the sign that said please do not allow your children to climb on the rocket displays
The boys inside a rocket booster before we noticed the sign
My mom, sister, and I love to take the kids to the 24th of July float preview every year. That way we don't feel like we have to get up early on the 24th and actually go to the parade and our kids love seeing the floats up close. This float was Cannon and Tanner's favorite- an ark with lots of animals.
We have spent many afternoons swimming at Grandma's house. This is a picture with our friends, Isabelle and Abbey, our boys adore them.

2 comments:

Matt and Mari said...

Looks like you have had a fun summer!

Jer + Lu said...

Busy family!! That bike race sounds great. Where was it? I love that you let your kids climb all over the rockets! You only live once, right?!