Story #1: This morning I took Tanner and Cannon to the zoo to see the bird show. When we were leaving Tanner really wanted to touch the big water ball by the entrance. There were about 20 kids already surrounding it, so I told him not today and we hurried out to the car. The whole way to the car Tanner kept telling me he was just so sad that he didn't get to touch the water ball. By the time I had them in the car and he realized I wasn't going to take him back in to touch the ball, the fake tears started. Well, he couldn't actually get any tears to come out- but he was acting pretty sad and just kept saying over and over that he was crying because he was just so sad that he didn't get to touch the ball. I just kept saying "I know" and not giving any sympathy. Well, in my 'child-view' mirror I see Cannon reach over and hand Tanner his most beloved blanket (which my sisters lovingly refer to as Cannon's 'snot-rag' because it is disgusting and goes with him EVERYWHERE); the most true gift of love Cannon can give anyone. Tanner took the blanket, says "Thank you Cannon", 'wipes' the tears from his eyes and stops with his fake crying.
Story #2: When we get home from the zoo I turn around in my seat to unbuckle Tanner's car seat. He is sitting there making his thinking face (puckered lips and index finger tapping on his forehead) he learned from Winnie the Pooh. I ask him 'Tanner what are you thinking?". He tells me "I am just thinking about things that make me so happy so that I won't be sad anymore." For the next half hour he would randomly say something like 'I know mommy, bagels with cream cheese make me so happy" or "my pirate cards make me so happy." Oh so sweet!
Sweet Boys
Posted by
Andy and Kimi
at
9:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






11 comments:
That really is so sweet of Cannon. I hope baby #3 is doing great. Ü
That is so sweet. I love it when I see my girls show each other unconditional love like that. Some days it seems rare.
One of my girls has a "snot rag" too. I can barely get it away so I can wash it regularly. Someone gave my this tip for blankets. Make sure your child falls in love with a common store bought blanket because then you can buy one extra to trade off with so you can wash them. Also if you ever lose one you always have a back up and can buy another if the one is never found.
What a good brother! Best of friends, worst of enemies, right?
I'm glad Tanner could thing of so many things that make him happy :) Maybe next time you could just let him touch the ball? jk
Are you serious?! Those stories are so cute and how cute is Cannon to share his blanket with his brother. Like Tanner I love bagels and cream cheese...Mmmmmm!!! :)
That is sweet, it makes your heart just melt!
You have raised some sweet boys. We miss you guys
Harm and Parker
Ahhh so nice of Cannon, at least he buys into Tanner's fake tears. He must have felt so bad for him to give up the beloved blanky. Too bad Cannon is too smart for the two blanket thing and rejected his replacement. I need to see this thinking face.
What great stories...I can see Tanner and his fake tears (I know all about those!) and cute little Cannon offering his "snot rag" to his brother! As Jake would say, "P-R-Ecious!" I'm with Amy, I need to see this thinking face! What great boys you have...fake tears or not! Can't wait for #3...
Oh, how sweet! Cannon really is tender-hearted. You've done such a good job teaching Tanner to talk about his feelings (I'm trying to get Ems to do that more and throw tantrums less)... I can't believe he came up with that on his own. What kid does that? Love those sweet boys!
Oh what a sweet story! I hope my boys are that sweet.
Marielle
What great kids you have. It's experiences like that that make it all worth it.
Post a Comment