California days 4 & 5

Memories of days 4 & 5 of vacation:
  • Saturday afternoon our family (all 17 of us) met up with my Uncle Tom, a So. Cal. local, for some lunch. It's always fun to see my Uncle Tom because it brings back so many memories of when I was a little girl and we would go to Disneyland. I spent many hours as a little girl riding on Uncle Tom's shoulders while my dad carried Tyler on his.
  • After lunch we headed to Newport Beach and the kids all had a blast playing in the sand and running from the ocean. Tanner collected "snails" (aka shells) for everyone.
  • After a few hours of fun at the beach my parents and siblings all left for home, but Andy and I took the kids to see the Newport Temple- it's beautiful.
  • After the temple our little family headed down to San Diego the whole way searching for a Carls Jr or Wendy's so we could get some nuggets for our kids. After an hour or so the boys were really hungry so we stopped at a grocery store. Andy and the boys went inside to get some yogurts, bananas, and some treats while I stayed in the car and made peanut butter sandwiches. We ate our dinner in the store parking lot and it all actually tasted pretty good. Andy and I laughed when we left the store because around the next bend there was both a Carls Jr and a Wendys.
  • Sunday, although we were almost 25 minutes late because we couldn't find the church, we did manage to make it to a Sacrament meeting where we definitely had the youngest and loudest children.
  • After church we drove to Coranodo to see the 'Del' and then we drove up to see the San Diego Temple

It was a relaxing and uneventful weekend where we all got a lot of sleep!

No comments: