Disneyland Day Three

Here are some favorite memories of our last day in Disneyland:

  • Finding Nemo Submarine ride- a 40 minute line, the longest in the park, but well worth it. Our boys loved it and Andy had been very anxious to take them on it. As a kid I didn't ever ride the Submarine Voyage because my mom is claustrophobic, but of course she rode it with her grandkids (proves once again that my parents love their grandkids more than they love us)
  • Hitting every last ride that we hadn't had a chance to ride yet (including the big white steamboat because Tanner wanted to)
  • Eating a churro for breakfast... my mouth is watering just thinking of it
  • Eating a chocolate dipped icecream bar shaped like Mickey Mouse and enjoying all 22 grams of fat (except for the few bites I shared with Tanner and Cannon)
  • Amy, Ryan and my parents taking our boys on the Winnie the Pooh ride so that Andy and I could ride Indiana Jones. We rode as single riders- so although we didn't get to sit next to each other, it took us less than 25 minutes (including the line and ride)
  • The Matterhorn has been closed for refurbishment and was scheduled to reopen Saturday. It opened this afternoon and Tanner & Cannon both got to ride it. Tanner liked it so much he rode it a second time with Grandma.
  • The Disney Pixar Parade in California Adventure
  • Tanner was really anxious to ride Monsters Inc.- he's never seen the show, he's just obsessed with spooky and scary things (the reason why Haunted Mansion is his favorite ride in the park). Yesterday we waited in line for it and it broke down when we were at the very front of the line and was closed for the rest of the day. Today we got in line, but after a couple of minutes we realized we didn't have enough time to ride it before the Aladdin show (we wanted to see the Aladdin show because it would be a good place and time for me to feed Max). When we got out of line to go see the show, Tanner was very sad and told us that the ride would be closed when we were done seeing the Aladdin show- we promised it wouldn't and we would ride it right after the show. As luck would have it, when we got out of the Aladdin show, Monsters Inc was closed for the rest of the night. Andy felt TERRIBLE because Tanner was so disapppointed. We took him on the Buzz Lightyear ride twice to make up for it. Even a day later and Tanner keeps reminding us that he told us the Monsters ride would be closed.
  • The whole family (all 17 of us) met up at the end of the night to ride the Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Winnie the Pooh. We also all got Fast Passes to Indiana Jones, but Andy and I left our sleeping kids with Grandma and Grandpa to run and ride Space Mountain instead.
  • While waiting for the rest of our party to join us at the Haunted Mansion, Bethany and I got yelled at by the cast member that we couldn't watch Fantasmic! from the front porch of the Haunted Mansion (it's not even a good view of the show). We told her that we were waiting for people- pretty sure she didn't believe us.
  • They told us at 11:45 p.m. that the line for Space Mountain was 45 minutes long. Andy and I didn't buy it and got in line anyway. We exited the ride at 12:05- I can't believe they lied to us in Disneyland
  • As we were leaving the park I really wanted to buy a Mickey Mouse caramel apple. When we saw the line at the candy store, Andy gave me one of those "it's after midnight, we have 3 sleeping children, I'm exhausted, and are you really that selfish?" kind of looks so I said it was okay that I didn't need one. Lucky for me Cameron and Bethany were going to wait in line so they said they would buy me one- it was delicious

We are exhausted, but very happy!

No comments: