Max's Blessing Day

We blessed Max Sunday, March 1st. It was a beautiful day and everything turned out perfect. We were so happy to have so much love and support from our families and close friends. I feel so blessed that Andy is able to use his Priesthood and bless our boys. And what a blessing it is to have so many worthy priesthood holders in our family who could assist in the blessing (I'm also really happy that there were so many men in the circle because Max wiggled around a lot and almost rolled right out of the mens' hands. Luckily there were enough of them there that they could catch him before he fell). I know that a lot of our family made sacrifices and rearranged schedules to be there and it really means a lot to us.
When we blessed our other boys when they were babies, there were 6 or 7 other babies being blessed in the same meeting. It was nice that for Max's blessing he was the only one so there was plenty of time for people to share their testimonies. I felt the Spirit so strong in the meeting, and my own testimony of Jesus Christ and His church was strengthened- I hope other people felt it too. I was a little bummed because I lost my voice on Saturday and Sunday I could only get a few words out here and there- so I didn't get the chance to share my testimony with family and friends that otherwise don't get to hear it.
After the meeting we had everyone over to our house for a brunch. For my cousins and Aunts this was the first time they have been to our house since it was my Grandma's. It was fun to show them the changes and to reminisce about Grandma's house with them.
Max was perfect all day- of course he is most every day anyway- smiling, cooing, eating, and sleeping. What a memorable day for our little family!

11 comments:

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

Such a beautiful family!! We're so sad we couldn't be there for that special day..

Carrie said...

Congrats on the special day!

Linzy said...

He is sooooo cute!

Gina said...

He looks just like you Kimi!

Gina said...

He looks just like you Kimi!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Did my parents tell you guys what happened? They were planning on being there, but came on the 8th instead. So, they were sorry that they had missed it! Congrats and tell Andy hi for me! Your family is adorable. Annie Jane

Kellee said...

I'm glad the blessing day was so wonderful. I love the picture of your family. Kimi, I am loving your haircut right now. It is adorable.

Stan and Mel said...

Kimi, wow you look GREAT and your boys are adorable!!!! Congrats on the new baby!
Melanie

Becky Slivka said...

I love you family picture of Max's blessing, it's the first time I've been more excited than overwhelmed to have three kids. You are such a cute family. Hopefully our third will be as good as Max.

Sarah said...

Ahhhh!! I LOVE that pic of Max in his outfit! He's such a cutie! Doesn't hurt that he looks like you!

Jer + Lu said...

I think he looks the most like you of all your boys. Glad his blessing went well-- I can't believe the other boys had so many blessings on the same day!