Dad's Retirement

Growing up my Dad has always worn many hats, resulting in a few different retirements. Well his most recent retirement from the State was held in the beautiful Gold Room at the State Capitol. It is always so impressive to hear about how well-respected and well-liked my Dad is. It's amazing to me how many lives he touches and how much good he does without me even knowing. How I love and respect my Dad!
When I asked my Dad why he was retiring (because really he's never been able to stay retired before, he has way too much energy), he told me that he wanted to have more spare time to spend with his kids and grandkids- and he truly means it. When Max was born and in the NICU, my Dad came to the hospital at least once everyday to check on us; usually coming on his lunch break, sometimes between meetings, or in the evenings after teaching his class. I have many special memories of the sweet tears and loving words that were shared with my dad in Max's quiet 'cubicle'. I love my Dad and hope to be like him when I grow up.

I LOVE this picture of my parents and the grandkids. We were trying to get all the kids to look at the camera, smile and keep their hands down. We snapped at least 20 pictures, in the hopes that one would turn out. This one, however, is my favorite. When I first saw it I thought immediately of joy and rejoicing in their prosperity.

1 comment:

Claire said...

You do have a great dad!!! And I LOVE that picture. That is seriously so great! It was so good to see you the other day. I love that we get to catch up every now and then in passing!